These instructions must be read and strictly followed before commencing sedation or general anesthesia. Neglecting any of the following may compel the doctor to cancel treatment and a cancellation fee of full anesthesia charges will apply.
Eating & Drinking:
- The patient (pediatric and adult) may not have anything to eat for eight (8) hours before the scheduled appointment.
- ADULT PATIENTS ONLY may consume a small quantity (2 oz) of clear liquids (water or apple juice) up to three (3) hours before appointment.
- ABSOLUTELY NO food or drink may be consumed within three (3) hours of appointment.
- Prescription medications should be taken as scheduled (unless directed by the anesthesiologists or your physicians).
- Medications are to be taken only with a sip of water.
- Dress in short sleeves, flat shoes, and warm comfortable, loose fitting pants.
- Adults undergoing treatment for more than five (5) hours, should wear an adult diaper.
- If the child does not wear diaper/pull-up, a change of clothes is recommended.
- Do not wear nail polish, makeup, or contact lenses.
- Children may bring a blanket for recovery.
Change in Health:
- A change in your health, especially the development of a cold or fever with congestion of the nose and/or chest, is very important.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to notify the anesthesiologist as soon as any changes are noted.
- Please make us aware of any cough or cold symptoms within the last two weeks.
Designate a Driver:
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the appointment and provide transportation home.
- Public transportation (Bus, Taxi, Car Service/Uber) is PROHIBITED.
- For children, two (2) adults should be present at the appointment, and at least one must directly supervise the child for a minimum of 24 hours.
If any questions or problems arise prior to your next appointment, please call Dr. Jalbout at 646-825-1614, or your local dentist for more clarification.