If you are interested in straighter teeth, the team at Making You Smile in Midtown Manhattan can help. Whether you’re looking for a New York City Invisalign consultation near you, or retainers to help maintain your smile – Dr. Ziad Jalbout and his team are here to help.
There are pros and cons to having aligners like Invisalign that you should be aware of before you make your decision. Dr. Jalbout will go over all of the factors with you before you make a decision – but if you’re worried about it before you come in for your consultation – here are a few things to think about:
- The Invisalign cost is more expensive than traditional braces
- Invisalign is more aesthetically pleasing than metal or ceramic traditional braces – this can be important as you go about your work and socializing in New York City
- To keep the aligners attached to your teeth, you’ll need Attachments. These attachments are like ridges added to the teeth that the aligners snap on to – and are more noticeable.
- Invisalign is more comfortable to wear and doesn’t cause cheek and lip pain as traditional braces can.
- Invisalign must be worn 22 hours a day, minimum. Their removable nature means its likely wearers will take them out for a break and forget to replace them – thus extending the time it takes to get results.
- Check out our full Pros and cons on the Invisalign page
- Before you try the over-the-counter aligners – be sure you check out the full pros and cons of non-dentist-fitted solutions.
Schedule a consultation today!