Invisalign in New York City
Invisalign: Simply the Best Way to Straighten Your Teeth
With Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth without bands, brackets or wires! A modern approach to tooth straightening, it all begins with a custom made series of aligners that are made for you and only you.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
From mild cases of crooked or protruding teeth to more serious malocclusion, overbite or underbite issues, Invisalign effectively corrects a wide variety of smile problems. If your teeth are overcrowded or there are gaps, Invisalign has an affordable option to help.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign aligner trays are made of clear, virtually invisible plastic that fit comfortably over your teeth. As you wear the aligners, your teeth gradually and safely shift into position. Every couple of weeks, you simply pop in a new aligner. In a gentle, easy manner, your teeth shift until they are aligned in that perfect smile you’ve been dreaming of!
Invisalign: Before & After
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign will not interrupt your life in any way. In most cases, no one will know you’re even wearing Invisalign aligners unless you tell them! They are comfortable to wear, and you can take them out when you eat, drink, brush and floss.
You wear them on your schedule, and they are designed to fit your busy New York City lifestyle.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
There are several advantages to getting Invisalign instead of opting for traditional braces. Here are some pros of the clear set of aligners:
• Comfort: Invisalign is more physically comfortable to wear. Since there are no wires or brackets, you don’t have to worry about getting any painful nicks or cuts in your mouth. They are smooth and won’t irritate your mouth. The aligners are similar to a mouth guard and lack any sharp edges.
• More Attractive: Since Invisalign is clear, it doesn’t leave you with a mouth full of metal. In other words, they are more attractive to the eye, and most people won’t even know you are wearing them. That means you can feel free to smile and don’t have to feel overly self-conscious.
• Convenience: Invisalign has become a norm for straightening the teeth, which means that you don’t necessarily have to deal with metal braces. This makes them very convenient, especially as they are available on a widespread scale.
• Can be Removed: Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating, brushing your teeth and flossing. That is something that cannot be done with braces. It allows you to eat foods you want and practice better oral hygiene, which helps to lower your risk of developing gum disease while you go through the process of straightening your teeth. You won’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck, which happens with traditional braces.
• Minimal Maintenance: Invisalign aligners require minimal maintenance. They can get dingy over time when you wear them, but you can freshen them by using a toothbrush dipped in a small amount of bleach and water. Scrubbing them for a minute will eliminate any stains. You only need to do this every other day.
Unfortunately, there are also some disadvantages to Invisalign. Here are the cons of the clear plastic aligners:
• Expensive: One of the biggest cons of Invisalign is that they are expensive. They are not covered by dental insurance, which means you can expect to pay anywhere from $3,500 to $8,000 for them.
• Attachments: Attachments are enamel ridges that stick to your teeth in a way that is similar to brackets that are included with standard braces. The attachments are used to click into the aligners so that they fit better and can more effectively shift your teeth into proper position. Attachments also make Invisalign much more noticeable, which can mean you look more like you’re wearing actual braces.
• Required to Wear Them All the Time: Invisalign must be worn a minimum of 22 hours per day. Typically, you are only supposed to remove them for eating and brushing. Some people might have a tendency to keep the aligner out for a break and this reduces their effectiveness.
• Tooth Discomfort: Getting new Invisalign aligner trays can be uncomfortable and even painful when you get fitted for a new set. Although the orthodontist most likely refers to the feeling as “pressure,” it can be painful as your teeth are adjusting to a new set of aligners.
• Inconvenience: Invisalign aligners can be a bit annoying. You have to remove them for eating, which means you may deal with some embarrassment when you go out to eat. You are also required to brush your teeth after each meal before putting them back in your mouth, which means you’ll be brushing your teeth multiple times per day, which can be inconvenient.
Which treatment is faster….braces or Invisalign?
The length of the treatment is determined by the severity of each person’s teeth. If there are bite issues, it is sometimes easier and quicker for traditional braces to correct. Invisalign has come a long way with it does, however braces are still the standard in orthodontic treatment. If the case is a simple one, with minimal correction, Invisalign can be the quicker treatment.
Will I experience any pain during treatment?
Most people experience discomfort for a few days after a new aligner is placed. This feeling of pressure is normal and is a sign that the aligners are working by moving your teeth into a better placement.
How do I clean my aligners?
The best way to clean your aligners is to brush and rinse them in lukewarm water.
The Making You Smile Difference
Invisalign technology is fantastic, but it must be executed by an experienced doctor. Since 2000, Dr. Jalbout has treated a wide range of patients using Invisalign with outstanding results. Over the years he has treated both common and unusual smile issues, making him a go-to Invisalign Dentist in Midtown Manhattan of New York City.
If you have any questions or would like to experience the difference of straightening your teeth with Invisalign in Manhattan or surrounding areas, we invite you to contact us at Making You Smile Cosmetic Dental Studio today. A New York minute is all it takes to call!