December 15, 2016
When you first walk into a room, all eyes are immediately drawn to your smile and a first impression is formed before you even say “hello.” Making the first impression takes a mere 15 seconds, and yet its effects can last a lifetime. Unfortunately, a natural smile is rarely as perfect as we want it to be: Whether your teeth are discolored, cracked, crooked or missing altogether.
Living in Manhattan – the cultural and financial capital of the world – it is more important than ever to maintain a pleasing aesthetic appearance, as a positive first impression can greatly influence your social and professional success. This is where cosmetic dentistry comes in.
There have been many interesting studies about the current status of cosmetic dentistry and the future of the industry. One recent study, conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) in late 2015, unveils some of the mysteries surrounding the popularity of cosmetic dentistry as we head into 2017:
- 86% of patients rely on cosmetic procedures to improve your physical attractiveness and self‐esteem.
- 51% of patients feel the need to fix a previously failed cosmetic restoration.
- 48% of patients obtain cosmetic treatments for upcoming events, such as weddings, etc.
- The most popular procedures are teeth whitening (32%), dental bonding (30%), and porcelain veneers (22%).
- When asked to state the primary concerns regarding cosmetic procedures, 99% of patients care primarily about appearance, whereas the next two substantial majorities are primarily concerned with the cost and longevity of treatment results.
- Of the 360 independent cosmetic dentists surveyed, a staggering 56% have reported seeing between 25 and 250 patients for aesthetic restorations in 2015 alone.
With the popularity of cosmetic dentistry on the rise, the numerous aesthetic solutions undergo continual improvements. This, in turn, offers patients the chance to have evenly aligned, white teeth in a beautiful smile at any stage of life.
If you are ready to speak with a specialist offering cosmetic dentistry in Manhattan, we welcome you to contact us at Making You Smile Cosmetic Dental Studio today. Simply call 646-484-0197 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and our lead cosmetic dentist Dr. Ziad Jalbout will be happy to guide you towards the smile that you deserve!