Please watch this short video for an introduction to the editorial calendar we are using to keep things in order.
The editorial flow will be as follows:
Soon you will be able to leave notes and send notifications to editors and authors as needed regarding a post. On the right hand bottom of the post edit screen, leave a note an choose a user who needs to be notified.
To show all formatting options select "Tool Bar Toggle" while editing the post.
Now you have access to "Formats"
Some examples to help define and troubleshoot formatting:
Blockquote is used to give visual weight to a set of text, usually a pull-quote.
Call to action button: This is a link that has been given the "Book Button" treatment.
You can specify different colors using the format options:
1) The feature image of a post should be specified in feature image spot on the right of the edit window. Click "Set Featured Image" to choose one:
2) When adding images to the content of a post:
3) Author should be selected Manually and you can choose any team member. I've added a new section under the post content where you can do this:
4) Use "H2" for subheadings eg. What is oral health. Simply:
5) To Copy and Paste from Word, email or from any other website always use turn on the PASTE AS TEXT feature first! This clears out any odd formatting and allows you to set the formatting yourself according to our style.
Once logged in, visit the page or post you would like to edit. At the top, click EDIT
Type directly into content areas using the Editor toolbar to apply text formatting and color.
You can also ADD MEDIA to any content box.
In the MEDIA LIBRARY you can choose an existing photo from the database or you can upload a new photo.
Once you've made your selection, you should set the display settings for that photo then click INSERT INTO PAGE (or POST) - Genearlly, you'll want to set it to "None" since clicking images shouldn't really do anything.
Once you're done editing all content areas, don't forget to hit PUBLISH to save your work!
Feel free to PREVIEW first if you wish.
You can opt-out of publishing to any social media account and/or customize your social media message via EDIT DETAILS under Publicize
Sometimes you just need to edit a lot of different posts or pages and you don't want to have to wait too long!
Solution: Use multiple Browser Tabs to muli-task!
From the backend, you can browse all pages or posts. Then to save time between Editing and Saving posts, open multiple pages at once by holding CTRL + Click once on each post you want to edit. I suggest opening up to 4 or 5 at a time, depending what your computer can handle.