Porcelain crowns are tooth-colored, tooth-shaped caps that cover the entire tooth surface and restore the tooth to a healthy shape, size and strength. Porcelain crowns are permanently cemented into place and fully encase the entire visible portion of the tooth that needs repair. Porcelain Crowns are used to restore teeth that cannot be fixed using fillings or other types of restoration.
Is a Porcelain Crown Right for You?
If you have a fractured, broken or severely decayed tooth, or you’ve had a root canal, then a porcelain crown may be the answer. Porcelain crowns look exactly like your natural tooth or even better, and they will also help save and protect whatever is left of the tooth underneath. This procedure is a double win:
- You save your old tooth, which prevents the deterioration of the jawbone and jaw line that brings problems as you age.
- It gives you the look and feel of a healthy, strong and natural tooth.
The Benefits of Porcelain Crowns
Porcelain Crowns serve many functions in dental restoration, including:
- Protecting a tooth that has been weakened by decay from breaking or cracking.
- Restoring a tooth that has been broken or worn down.
- Supporting a tooth that has been weakened by a large filling.
- Providing support for a dental bridge.
- Used as a replacement tooth to cover a dental implant.
- Improving the appearance of misshapen or discolored teeth.
Contact us today to learn how our New York Cosmetic Dental Services can give you the smile of your dreams.