A porcelain bridge is a fixed restorative device used to replace one or more missing teeth. A porcelain dental bridge is made up of two crowns and one or more false teeth. The missing tooth, called a pontic, is filled in by the tooth or teeth attached to the bridge. The teeth on each end of the bridge, called the abutment teeth, support the bridge and usually require crowns, which are attached to your own teeth to hold the bridge in place.
The Benefits of an All Porcelain Bridge
- Keep you from getting that “sunken-cheek” look that comes from missing teeth.
- Fill the gap left by a missing tooth or teeth.
- Prevent the existing teeth from drifting into the opened space in your smile.
- Save your jaw line, your jawbone and your face structure.
- Protect your natural bite and speech articulation.
- Enjoy eating all your favorite foods again!
Contact us today (1-646-484-0197) in Manhattan, New York
Porcelain Bridge Results
When an all porcelain bridge is crafted by an experienced bridge dentist, the resulting teeth look and feel natural, giving you a wonderful smile. At Making You Smile Cosmetic Dental Studio, we use all porcelain bridges to achieve optimum aesthetic results and avoid the metal dark lines that show at the gum line with porcelain/metal bridges.
Is a Porcelain Fixed Bridge Right for You?
If you are missing teeth, then a porcelain fixed bridge may be right for you. When you are missing a tooth, the surrounding teeth may start to drift into the gap left between your teeth. This shifting of teeth may lead to changes in your bite, fractured teeth or damaged fillings. It may also lead to jaw pain and possible headaches. A dental bridge can help you avoid these issues, giving you a healthy, natural looking smile.