High Risk Caries Assessment
Cavities, gingivitis and periodontal disease are painful, costly and harmful to your overall health. Luckily, these diseases are largely preventable by simple procedures that are quick and easy to do. We recommend for you the following program for patients diagnosed with High Caries Risk.
In Office For Next 3 Years
- Periodontal maintenance every 4 months
- Fluoride varnish application every 4 months
- Periodic exam by the doctor every other time
- 4 caries checking x-rays every year
- First: Floss
- Then: Brush: light pressure and vibration at 45 degree angle
- Modify the technique for recession areas: swipe from gums to teeth
- Tooth Paste: Clinpro 5000 tooth paste: twice a day for 2 minutes each time (instead of regular tooth paste). Do not eat or drink or rinse mouth with water for at least 30 minutes.
- Antibacterial mouth wash Chlorhexidine 0.12%: 15 ml: swish for 1 minute, once a day at bedtime. Do not eat or drink or rinse mouth with water for at least 30 minutes). USE ONLY FOR 7DAYS EACH MONTH FOR ONE YEAR. During those 7 days use the mouth wash1 hour after brushing the teeth with the Clinpro tooth paste.
- Xylotol gum or mint: two sticks of gum or two mints 4 times a day. You can purchase Xyletol gum and mint at Epicdental.com
- Other: ______________________
Your customized oral health program will ensure a cleaner, healthier mouth with sweeter breath and whiter and brighter teeth!